Digital Video Systems is a company with terrific opportunities in the challenging field of telecommunications and systems integration. We look for individuals who are flexible, talented, motivated, creative and passionate.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we actively seek greatness across all diverse cultures, genders, ethnicities and other categories. We believe in synthesizing these into the most effective solutions possible.
To apply for a position at Digital Video Systems, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment Opportunities currently available.
Marine RF Field Engineer
TITLE: Marine RF Field Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Marine Operations / Tech Services
SUPERVISOR: Vice President, Marine Engineering
LOCATION: Miramar, FL
GENERAL PURPOSE: Analysis of system performance, diagnosis of component or system faults and corrective maintenance of TVRO and VSAT system and components. Perform installation of new TVRO and VSAT systems.
- Maintain & install Seatel and Intellian Mobilized Tracking Antenna onboard cruise ships, yachts, military and other vessels
- Diagnose TVRO/VSAT system symptoms and information with computer software and test equipment
- Troubleshoot components of the TVRO/VSAT system using computer software and test equipment
- Analyze results of corrective actions to ensure systems, components and services working correctly.
- Interpret problems or symptoms reported by customers and diagnose possible causes of service problems with the network, systems or components.
- Install new TVRO/VSAT equipment and upgrade components or systems on vessels and/or buildings.
- Test, locate and restore service by interpreting service orders, circuit diagrams and troubleshooting.
- Modify computer/system software settings and parameters. Provide service reports upon completion of service.
- Test and adjust equipment as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance on shipboard TVRO/VSAT systems, components and software.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS:
- Interacts with shipboard personnel to include Broadcast Technicians, IT Manager, Captain, Chief Engineer and Chief Electrician.
- Provide technical phone support to current customers
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Applicant should have 3+ years of Seatel and Intellian Mobilized Tracking Antenna hands on experience
- AS degree or equivalent experience required.
- Working knowledge of Seatel and Intellian mobilized tracking antennas, Telnet and Windows OS required.
- VSAT mobilized tracking with emphasis on Seatel and Intellian mobilized tracking a major plus.
- Graduate of technical school desired with emphasis on RF, electronics and electro-mechanical studies.
- 2-3 years field experience desired, but will train on TVRO and VSAT mobilized antenna systems.
- Valid US Passport.
- PC use, travel required (approximately 40 – 50%), basic electro-mechanical skills.
- Able to transport or lift tools and/or equipment weighing up to 75lbs.